The Essex Shed Network provides support to new and established sheds. Below are a series of resources and links that provide information on setting up and running a community group or charity, with a particular focus on issues that are relevant to Sheds.
We hope you find these useful, if you have any questions or would like to speak to someone about your Shed please contact the Essex Shed Network
The Essex Shed Network launched it’s “Toolkit” on 19th Nov 2017 to coincide with International Men’s Day. The toolkit features a range of information for both people considering a Shed project and established sheds including
- Getting started: community consultation, finding a venue, charity structures and commitees
- Finding funding: budgeting, funding sources, writing a funding bod
- Running your Shed: Insurances, policy writing and managing finances
- Shed Safety: Health and Safety, risk assessments, COSHH and equipment.
To download the Toolkit please click below:
In 2018 changes were made to Data Protection Legislation with the introduction and enforcement of the General Data Protection Regulation. Sheds are encouraged to review the way they collect and store any personal data records such as memberships to ensure they are compliant.
Essex Shed Network Evaluation
In 2017 we carried out an evaluation of the Essex Shed Network and the impact that Shed projects have on Shedders health and wellbeing as well as case studies on individual shedders.
Download the full report below or view our infographic for a quick overview of Essex Sheds.
- Sample Health and Safety Policy Statement
- Sample Shed Maintenance and Safety Checks
- Sample Risk Assessment
- Sample Induction form
- Sample Induction Checklists
- Sample Health and Safety Notice
- Sample Dignity (Bullying & Harassment) Policy